- 1st Thus
- Something new in the printing that changes a book's content or
appearance. (i.e. omibus edition, new introduction, illustrations etc.).
- Uncorrected Proof
- 1st state of the book, sent to reviewers in advance of
hard or soft cover trade copies (usually in wrappers).
- (Wraps) Soft cover, usually trade paper or paperback size.
- Advance Reading Copy
- Generally the same as an uncorrected proof. Can sometimes be hardcover. (See Review Copy).
- Remainder Mark
- Publishers mark on discontinued book.
- Review Copy
- Usually Hardcover books sent to reviewers with publicity slips
often laid in. (See Advance Reading Copy)
- Limited edition, special printing or edition of the book with
limited quantity printed. Often signed and numbered.
- Lettered Edition
- Usually only 26 to 52 copies A-Z or AA to ZZ. Usually
something more special than a regular limited edition such as leather edition, etc.
- Science Fiction Book Club , sometimes the true 1st edition.
- Very Fine
- As new.
- Slightly less sharp with noted defects.
- Very Good
- A cut above an average reading copy with noted defects.
- Average reading copy with noted defects.
1500 West El Camino Avenue #331
Sacramento, CA 95833
Telephone (916) 923-3447
By Appointment Only